26 September 2006

Has Coffee Run Cold?

We discussed the self-awareness aspect of blogging. Also asking, "Who's my audience?" Does my blog write me? Check out what our Coffee has to say about it:

I realize that, I haven’t really been blogging anything substantive or personal, as of late. A lot of my entries have been little more than YouTube video clips and “My Favorite Things” lists. I’ve written to appease the reading masses, which I said I’d never do… just for the sake of staying current with posts, which is wrong, wrong, wrong and so against why I do this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice catch there

Anonymous said...

You know, Chris, Coffee seems to me to be almost(to use a word that Brett may have in class, or maybe I'm just crazy) disingenuous in this little aside.

Even at the risk of her running across what will amount to a rather acerbic comment by me, I'd go so far as to say her rather limp-wristed and self-chastising assertion that she's lost "the reason she does this" strikes me as her High Blogeress begging from her readers a stroke on the head and a reassurance that it's okay--that she'll get it back, that she's great anyway.

I don't know. I'm being unreasonable just because I have little patience for Coffee as a writer, which may stem from the fact that I've read mostly her recent entries. Maybe I'll go educate myself on Coffee's antiquity and see if I think she same.

Her recent entries smack of artifice and affectation which I find hard to swallow. But then, perhaps I'm just being irascible and hypocritical. ;)