08 October 2006

And away we go!

I'm beginning my assigned "poke-around" while I still have access to high-speed Internet access out at the beach, of all places. When I get back to "civilization," or "the city," I will downgrade to using a plain old telephone wire to enter the Information Superhighway. Sometimes I feel like I am trying to board the Autobahn from the woods on the side of the road. While using a skateboard.

So, I started where pointed: Raincoaster. I looked at a few posts and decided to click on small, Kiwi mercies. That lead me to The Bastards Have Landed! The Official Peter Jackson Fan Club, where I found out that The Hobbit is in the queue for production at MGM
. I clicked on a link that brought me to Ain't It Cool News. From their contact page, I read this:

If you have information on anything cool, we'd love to hear it. Contact the big man or one of his cool-ass companeros today!

Sounds a little vague and somewhat subjective, but, hey. When exploring their site, I read an obituary of Tamara Dobson, the actress who played Cleopatra Jones in blaxploitation movies of the '70s. Any obit that contains Redd Foxx and "the evil drug lord Shelley Winters" is worth a read.

OK, I got a little stuck in this forum site. It ain't cool. Not really any external links, except for ads. So, I'm-a gonna click on one of them just to get out of it. I'll let you know what happens...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Chris:

"Sometimes I feel like I am trying to board the Autobahn from the woods on the side of the road. While using a skateboard."

This made my morning. I cackled out loud. Great post. Or maybe it was just that sentence that made the entire thing rock. Either way--keep at it.