27 October 2006

And the winner is...

As winner of the "Most Paranoid" Award in the 2004 Educational Extravaganza entitled, "Media and the Presidential Election," I faithfully serve my crown, uphold my mantle, carry my torch and point you all toward a New Yorker article that not only fulfills my outlook but examines meme theory at the same time:

The Wayward Press
Paranoid Style: How Conspiracy Theories Become News
by Nicholas Lemann
The New Yorker, 16 October 2006

Online confession: I haven't actually read it yet.

It's sitting here staring me in the face as I kill time in my cousins' apartment in Washington D.C. (of all places), which means I can't actually take it with me. I will do my best to read and retain its contents before my departure. I could not find it online at newyorker.com.

P.S. In my description above, I sound less like an award recipient and more like the Statue of Liberty.

No comments: