26 November 2006

Easy

That's me.

On Common Visual Design Elements of Weblogs, the conclusion that "One pattern clearly emerging as a result of this research is that individual webloggers do not tend to make substantive structural changes to the layout of their sites. This confirms one of the predictions / observations leading to this study: that "significant" customization among weblog users is in fact somewhat rare."

That, to me, is an interesting observation. As I just wrote in my last post, I had difficulty changing my initial presentation at first. A sense of permanence overtook me. However, this statistic surprised me. I would have thought that as users became more comfortable with the platform/software/technology, they would experiment more and push the envelope even further. Are the geeks still doing that? And are we just seeing a preponderance of amateur blogs out there and therefore seeing a preponderance of pre-fab templates? Just what is before ponderance?

No comments: