01 November 2006

Grey Gardens


PLEASE find the documentary "Grey Gardens" and WATCH IT.

I finally saw it last week in anticipation of seeing the new musical based on it, now playing on Broadway. My friends were aghast that I, of all people, had not seen this film.

It is about Mrs. Edith Bouvier Beale and her daughter "Little" Edie Beale. It is FASCINATING. They are cousins of Jackie O. and went from glamour and the heights of the society pages to becoming recluses in their dilapidated mansion in Southampton. It is FASCINATING.



I just saw the musical last night. Christine Ebersole was just incredible.

Here she is playing Edie (with Mary Louise Wilson as Edith):


It's amazing what you can get done sitting in yet another airport.

1 comment:

showmen65 said...

A friend has tickets for the press preview on Broadway and she is looking forward to it. Quite a bit of buzz about the show and its star, Christine Ebersole who was on "The View" a few days ago and sang, "Another Winter in a Summer Town" (probably the finest piece of music I have heard in a while).
I have programmed several songs from the show on my Platinum Broadway Radio station on Live 365
http://www.live365.com/stations/platinumbroadway?play