26 November 2006

Words vs. Pictures

Was I not confident as a writer?

Look at the difference between my Viking Around blog from my time living in Sweden and this one. VA was nearly all images. I enjoyed playing with the form in Sweden, adding photos and links to David Hasselhoff videos and things. I wanted to share my experiences with friends and family back home. Did I doubt my abilities as a writer to pen an entertaining, insightful blog? Is a picture truly worth a thousand words? That sure saves time.

I look at this blog. Virtually no photos or videos. Links, though. I've learned to do links. The platform has made it easier to do some things. I changed the whole template, for crying out loud. I wonder why I don't incorporate more pictures into my posts. It's almost as if the two blogs are structural opposites.

No comments: